NEW-GENERATION CFORCE 400 AND 520
With refinements across the board, the new-generation CFMOTO CFORCE 400 and 520 ATV platform has arrived in New Zealand.
The work-ready CFORCE line-up replicates the current three-model family – 400, 400 EPS (electronic power steering) and 520 EPS – but the new numbers make for extremely compelling reading:
• A massive 612kg towing capacity, up from 350kg;
• 25 per cent tighter turning radius, now down to 5.6 metres one-up;
• 50 per cent more front and rear rack loading capacity (30kg for the front rack, 60kg on the rear);
• 30 per cent stronger and 10 per cent lighter frame;
• 26 per cent more suspension travel;
• 21 per cent more fuel capacity;
• 25 per cent less leg area temperature; and
• Reduced vibration through handlebar, footrests and seat.
The updates are particularly welcome for the CFORCE 520 EPS, which has been the biggest selling CFMOTO in New Zealand over the last three years.
Feedback from CFMOTO customers had pinpointed excessive heat from the header pipe, as well as an underwhelming turning circle, as two areas that required attention – both of which have now been addressed.
MODELS AT A GLANCE
The spec of each model is as follows:
• CFORCE 400: Sky Blue livery, steel wheels, halogen headlights, 3.5-inch LCD dash, steel racks, 24-inch tyres;
• CFORCE 400 EPS: Lava Orange livery, alloy wheels, halogen headlights, 3.5-inch LCD dash, 2500lb winch, steel racks, 24-inch tyres;
• CFORCE 520 EPS: Force Red livery, alloy wheels, handguards, LED lights, five-inch LCD dash with Bluetooth connectivity, 2500lb winch, plastic racks, 25-inch tyres.
Ergonomic updates include positioning the handlebar higher and closer to the rider, a lower foot brake to improve body position, a newly designed and narrower fuel tank for more leg space (although fuel capacity has still increased to 17 litres), and 40 per cent thicker seat foam.
A new arched A-arm front suspense design and revised shock absorber settings deliver improved ground clearance (up to 254mm) and a 26 per cent increase in suspension travel – now 190mm at the front and 225mm at the rear. The trio also has new six-play all-terrain tyres with a revised compound for better off-road capability and loading resistance.
The air intake has also been positioned 120mm higher so riders can take on water crossings with greater confidence.
CONVENIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
The five-inch digital display on the CFORCE 520 EPS features a full-screen backlight for all-day clarity, while the 3.5-inch digital gauge on the CFORCE 400 and CFORCE 400 EPS features an all-new user interface, clearly displaying key vehicle information with better readability.
Convenience and maintenance have been improved. The rear storage has a 10.5-litre capacity and simple access to stow gear. The fuse box, coolant and brake fluid are easily accessible under the front hood.
The one-piece fuel tank cover can be removed without tools, making access to the air filter easier than ever. The CVT assembly cover is all one piece, only requiring removal for belt replacement.
“The CFMOTO middleweight ATV range has been a key pillar of our business for a long time.” said CFMOTO New Zealand director, Michael Poynton. “All three models have been absolute warriors, but the time was right for an update and CFMOTO has obliged by delivering a range with improvements and refinements across the board.
“We’re looking forward to showcasing the latest and greatest in CFMOTO ATV ingenuity.”
CFORCE 400 INFORMATION AND SPECS
CFORCE 400 EPS INFORMATION AND SPECS
CFORCE 520 EPS INFORMATION AND SPECS